Sunday, February 22, 2009

Dreaming on...

A friend Alex in PESS now just informed me of his successful application for an exchange semester in Canada! Congrats to him for going through the many rounds of trouble the application gave him, it has all been worth it certainly!

Thanks to him, I was suddenly inspired again to learn about the outdoors and more from visiting great places like these. I had once dreamt of going Canada to explore its vast nature parks and learn playboating on the Ottawa river from Liquid Skills. If only I can still find time to go NOLS someday, or to take my L3 coaching course or perhaps even a sea surfing course. The possibilities are endless (elsewhere).

Now I just need loads of cash and the heart to plonk it all down for them...think that'll be very difficult now that I'm all grown up and have already *ahem* shifted my priorities to other things in life...

(PS - just booked a holiday tour package for 10D Europe today, but would have loved to go for a cruise in Alaska to visit Denali and more...)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

aye aye....what's your priority now?? I wonder, wonder....

Wolfie said...

Go on wondering haha.

Anonymous said...

ni yao si ah? :P

Runnaholic-foodie said...

Hey ! Great to inspire you about the outdoors! your regular paddling trips also make me damn gian to go outdoors to paddle.. That said, I cant wait to go Canada! Haha.. Oh how's paddling this sat? Still on?

Anonymous said...

Go Alaska!! Wolfie and U Know Who go together lah!! :D

Wolfie said...

Ah well...another holiday bah...December? Haha