Friday, June 26, 2009

Honeymoon trip...

It was a good trip to Europe, and the only pity is that it was rather short on the whole, and that I didn't get a victorinox tool when I was in Switzerland.

Only stayed a day in Germany, and Heidelburg and the Black Forest were both beautiful in their different ways, one being the oldest university-city in the country, the other for its dense pine forests all around a lake. I rediscovered the German language again, and find myself recalling much of what I learnt of it in the past; being in Germany was very comfortable in that way, being able to read the menus and signs etc.

Switzerland is just amazingly beautiful, there doesn't seem to have a squalid bit anyway in the country. Cyclists must have a great time cycling anywhere due to the cool weather and scenic landscape, and everyday on the bus I feel happy just looking at the fields which the bus passes by. Going up to Jungfraujoch mountaintop by train is a great experience which further convinced me not to have a go at technical mountaineering - I really hate to be in the cold man.

Paris really does deserves being the world's most visited city. The old city is dominanted by endless rows of classical-period buildings with ornate carvings on them, and it is impressive everywhere. Of course, the Champs-Elysee and the Eiffel Tower proved to be as interesting as their reputation boasts of.

See the pictures here!

No comments: