Sunday, October 11, 2009

Family

On Thursday, Mum called to say that Ah ma was hospitalised due to a weak heart, and asked me to go down pay her a visit if I can - she might just go anytime with the next attack.

I wanted to visit her the next day, but then apparently she was discharged. Turns out that she was admitted just as a precaution after suffering a moment of difficulty, but she's fine enough to stay at home already. There's probably no difference resting at hospital or at home, and the latter is definitely much preferred.

Still, it was a moment of fateful dread that I felt when I first heard the news; Quite a while back I said that I wanted to get her over to my house for a visit, to make her proud of her grandson's own home. I thought that I wouldn't have the chance to do so man.

Anyway, I visited her at home the next day, and she was quite dismissive of her condition. Staying beside her while she was watching TV, she asked me to take care of my aunt who's single and living alone by herself, telling me how much my aunt loved me when I was younger.

And yes, I did kind of forgot about her, among the other relatives around me. My life revolves around my work (stupidly) and the activities I do to escape from it (sports). I actually miss my nephews too, but never could find the opportunity to meet them up or visit their place.

It's sad, but i think I need post-it memos to remind myself of my relatives so that I'll think of them. Thought everyone has their own families and pretty much live in their own universe after that, it's not something I want happen to myself.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You never know how much you miss someone until they are gone.

And they never knoww you miss them even after they are gone.