Friday, October 09, 2009

Training for running

Has booked my first ever IPPT since I ORD-ed on the 7th of November, and I'm trying to get myself into shape to try go for Gold. The only difficult thinga bout that is the 10min 2.4km run.

It was only last week that I started the training. I chose to do interval training cos I like speed training, and the rest after that. My mental strength is quite weak and training by running the actual distance probably wouldn't be very productive as I cannot push myself hard. So, progressively longer distances for my interval training, from 400m per lap, to 800m per lap yesterday. Today I'll try half the distance and get it under four and a half minutes.

Indeed, I think many students of mine are quite capable of pushing themselves harder than me. There are students who run until they puke doing the distance, though I'm not sure whether that's due to a weak body. Nevertheless, I have never reach the state of total exhaustion after a race yet, and see it as a lack of total commitment to my goal.

Need to get that all-out mentality in preparation for my polo competitive play!

No comments: