Friday, October 06, 2006

Bike Geometry part II

Had been feeling my shoulders bearing quite a bit of my body weight when I'm my bike last week (meaning that my body weight is directed down forward), I shifted my saddle nose to point up a little so that the saddle can bear more of my weight. I tested out the seat by getting up on the bike while it's rested by the wall, and out of curiosity, got my mum to took a picture of me.

The silhouette figure was unintentional, had to draw the curtains as the bright lights from the windows will make me a shadow anyway. What is surprising is that I see my back being quite straightly bent over the frame, as low as it probably can get. I had always thought I'm sitting quite upright over the bike cos that's how I felt, with my head a distance above the bars. I had thought that a good aerodynamic posture will bring some pains too, so it was a pleasant surprise to see my comfortable posture being a good one too.

Moral of the story: Road bikes ain't torture machines, you just need to customise it real well to your size!

No comments: