Monday, November 06, 2006

Amazing pictures

This is my classmate Peng Kee, as we were having dinner at Chomp Chomp.

It isn't apparent in the photo, but he's actually drenched and wet from the heat produced in the process of food ingestion , with his chin dripping sweat nonstop. He's shown here being in the process of finishing up a plate of cockles himself; eventually he did finish all 30+ pieces of them of course.

Oh, and did I mention that that was dessert? He finished up a plate of wanton mee, a bowl of porridge, and a few Chwee kuehs plus a chomp-chomp size mug of sugarcane juice before that.



I just broke my $190 Yonex MusclePower 99 racket! A shot coming at me and best partner William came diagonally from his side towards mine, so both of us went for it. He extended his arm for a backhand, and I smashed my racket down on his wrist. Next thing we knew, we saw a yellow racket face flew away and I was left holding a yellow wand. He survived with just a red welt across his wrist despite my smashing power.


It has never occured to me that the technical bombast scrawled on rackets, touting the superb technologies that goes into making the racket, can actually be true. Inside, there is a metal core (presumably titanium), wrapped up by a shell of graphite. Pretty cool to actually see it for yourself. Now...when will I be able to fork out another $190 for it...hm...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now you can get an Armourtec. :)

Wolfie said...

Hm...been reading countless reviews of the rackets...looking at either getting back the same one, or trying MP100. Apparently armortec is super stiff, I not that good enough to be able to get power out from a stiff racket. As it is, I string my racket to 21lbs only.