Sunday, December 23, 2007

Family

It's quite bad, but I never really have the time to be with family usually, so I'm glad to be able to have meals more often with them this holiday. On Saturday, Dad and mum drove to pick up Ah ma and we had a lunch at this vegetarian 'deli' inside this Metta Welfare Association somewhere in Tampines.

The food was superb! Sometimes eating good Chinese vegetarian food makes me feel as if I could give up meat, but only if I get to have those tasteful well made dishes of course ha. Their pineapple fried rice was very good for only $3! Mum enjoyed their hor fun too. We had this 'golden mushroom' or something with pine nut dish, delicious!

Mum likes this 'yam ring' dish too, a staple of the Chinese vegetarian cuisine. Their version had all sorts of vegetables in it: capsicum, pine nuts, cashew nuts, chestnuts, carrots, 2 different types of mushrooms, lian zhi and bai guo. Cost us $20 for this dish though.


Big brother is in Japan right now and my Dad seems to be enjoying the use of his Ford Focus car. I tried it too - the steering is more edgy, you get a slight booming noise with initial acceleration, and it is apparently a petrol guzzler. The most irritating thing about it is that the signal lights switch is on the left hand side, and I unwittingly used the wipers several times when I wanted to signal, argh.

All's good la. Dad is having a long break and think he will be driving a cab soon (he does drive like a cabby, much more adventurous than me!), and mum's hoping to go Australia next year for her dream farmstay. Heard big brother is applying to be a Mercedes salesperson, more money to be made there than in property? And my young niece is now a very comely young lady in secondary school, though she and her sis needs to read more for school.

Perhaps I should go on a family trip to Australia with them next year? Hm...

No comments: