Sunday, June 01, 2008

New on this Island!

Ok I have to say I'm pretty entertained by the Sunday Times today - the new Southern Ridge trail have a cover page mention, and it's good that it receives this publicity to get Singaporeans out of their house and appreciate the outdoors more. The National Parks website gives good direction for exploring the trail.

It's probably unfair to compare the natural walks on our island with other countries', but then again I think people elsewhere are much more passionate about walking than us generally. I'm taking a day of my Hong Kong trip for a day hike, and decided to try the Plover Cove walk after seeing the pictures of the scenery there. Look at the incredibly informative website that the walkers there created!



In a separate article, apparently there will be an artificial surf site producing 3m waves at Siloso beach by next June! Surfing was really fun when I tried it in Perth last year, and to be able to do it locally in warm water will be great! Now I wonder if they can accomodate surf kayaks there hm...

And the paddling community is looking forward to the whitewater stadium at the new sports hub of the future. We'll have to wait and see if the public have full access to its facilities after it comes up. The paradox of paddling in Singapore is that water is all around but we got such limited access to it.

No comments: