Friday, June 06, 2008

OE Conference 2008

It was a great 3 days at the OE conference, which is a lot to be said for any conference generally. I am happy to see friends, meet new people in the community, and interact with the speakers from overseas. Their keynote speeches offers totally new perspectives to me, and it is a refreshing change from reading about OE topics in certain texts, because those speeches really inspires me to make changes to the way OE can go locally. There are many concurrent sessions offered there, presenting participants with some tough choices on which to go for, and the variety of topics discussed is really good!

It just gives me a warm feeling to be among like-minded people and talking with them passionately about the state of outdoor education in Singapore, and I think it makes us all feel that OE is really undergoing continual progress here. It is apparent that the OE unit in MOE has put in much work to make things happen and encourage the growth of the community, and it is really heartening.

In short, the conference reminded me again to aim to work there in the future, and to further the OE cause in schools. I only hope that I can still remember all these inspiring messages from the conference after school starts and the dreaded monotony of work sets in.

No comments: