Wednesday, July 15, 2009

New sports

Have been taking up new sports recently, and it's nice to get a chance to play more, particularly since I dropped canoe polo already.

James got me into trying handball, and it is really easy to pick up. My polo training definitely helps with the passing and shooting, and I had a great game last week, when our newbies team won or draw other teams with experienced players! It is really nice to play with people whom you have camaraderie with, and the memory of last Friday night's games lingers still.

Am also playing football on a street soccer court regularly for about a month already, and it's fun even though I'm not really good at it. I play the persistent defender, and does manage to score at least a goal or two every session with good positioning. Will want to learn how to hold up the ball confidently and dribbling skills though.

Actually, I got a chance to join next month's canoe polo national champs competition with a team looking for people to fill up their team list, but turned it down. I don't like to play knowing that I'm not well-prepared for it, and ultimately, the one-off chance to play again is meaningless if I'm not going to join the team permanently. Have learnt to let go of it finally, though it's hard to do so. Truly, a little part of you dies when you drop an activity that you loved, but I've to let it rest in peace.

And perhaps I can spend effort and teach my ODAC kids to be the promising polo players of the future!

No comments: