Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Down with Cough!

Got possessed by a dry and unproductive cough for the past 2 weeks, and it still comes back once in a while after diagnosis and medication last week, though I have to admit I didn't take my medication punctually.

Apparently I've got 'allergic cough', which I noticed is frequently triggered by consumption of cold drinks and sporting activities, resulting in a spell of strong coughing that threatens to make me vomit. The doc says nasal discharges at the back of the nasal cavity can trigger throat irritation, and that itself is triggered by allergic reaction to the environment (as you all know, I got allergic rhinitis and am sensitive to the surrounding for most of my waking hours). A cold throat, caused by cold drinks and a cooling of the body core upon sweating during sports, can also trigger that.

So how? I haven't been a good patient so far, and still order my cold drinks habitually in addition to missing my medication schedule. Must resolve to stop ordering teh peng everytime already...

No comments: