Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Some things since I came back...

  1. My room is now in a mess.
  2. I'm perpetually aware that I'll 'start work' next monday (not that I am worried or concerned in any way at all, but it's just a nagging irrational feeling of sianness)
  3. My polo skills suck, real badly. I now weight a wimpy 65kg for my 1.78m height, and simply lack the pure brute strength necessary for the sport. Worse is the fear that I experienced every other minute in the game, fear of passing because the pass will go wayward or be intercepted, fear of shooting because the forceful shot is simply not there. Everytime there is a 50-50 ball, I already know I'll lose the chase. It's a dreary feeling.
  4. Because of that, I have planned a 7 day training plan for each week to see where my best effort can take me. 4 pool sessions, 2 gym workouts, and one day of of ball throwing. On top of that, I'm cycling down to NTU and back for every training, and going early to warmup with practice throws too. I'll either improve or disintegrate.
  5. I discovered that I've got average grades for last semester, which is to be expected. This comfort with mediocrity, I wonder if it's something to worry about. I can't tell myself, as I did in NUS, that outside of studies I'm picking up a lot more skills. Now, it seems as if I'm just content to cruise along enjoy my time. Seems like something that I should be worrying about.

1 comment:

Alex Wong said...

yo dude... training everyday?! That's called over training man! You need rest time for your body to recover. And hell, you already know that and dun need me to tell you mah.

The mediocre thing is probably a roll over from the past. Since you were already acustomed to it.... suppose the real question now is, what replaces that void of "picking up alot of other skills". You going to pick up more skills? or going to spend more time to improve ya grade? :) give and take mah....