Thursday, June 29, 2006

Teaching Practicum I...

...is a bore. There is nothing much to learn so far - PE lessons are all about making kids run and be in better shape for their NAPFA tests, observing lit class is rather more productive and interesting. And we have to do a hell lot of writing and reflective work on very dull lessons, imagine that. It will definitely be a test of my creative writing skills.

Everyone I heard had to get used to the schooling routine of waking up early and such, which is draining on me even though I don't do much for the day actually. Today I just learnt that I can't go back to sit in the air-conditioned staff room after lunch - I'll just go into hibernation mode immediately.

Seriously counting down now to the end of the practicum already, and for a return to PESS! However tiring it is, training for polo and playing badminton are the only things that keeps me sane. And of course, visiting a certain teacher in BPSS regularly...

No comments: