Thursday, October 30, 2008

Ambivalent feelings

Currently I'm feeling quite odd about the things occupying my time now. It's supposed to be the holiday and I think most teachers will feel a sense of freedom, but my days are still terribly packed, with meetings on 4 different days, parents to meet on 2 different days, a briefing concerning the YOG, a 3 day camp to go for, and 2 more days of invigilation. Plus, there's work to submit in mid-nov too.

But then again I am starting to do enjoyable things already. Just completed 3 small Gundam models, repaired a few paddling equipments and am going to put a new patch up my polo boat. Going out for river paddling this weekend, and of course, there's the 2 sea expeditions too. I am seriously busy having fun, and it seems like the holidays in NUS when I would be out on trips every few days.

The prospect of working for the new year isn't that unthinkable too. I'm going to teach upper sec literature next year, and will need to prepare lessons for it. And maybe, I'll end up writing a paper for my department too. Seriously, I don't think it's too hard to do that actually, and perhaps I might even make it my speciality, giving myself another item to brag about in my work review form.

Have contacted contractors and will meet up with them next week to talk - hope I don't faint upon seeing their quotes. I badly need a new place of my own to consolidate all my gear! Things in my house just disappear one by one...

No comments: