Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Still busy

It's 2 days to school closure but I'm still busy fretting about the upcoming school trip that I am organising. And it's utter chaos in school, new decrees come from the management everyday demanding new tasks to be performed instantaneously. Terrible administrative system.

Anyway, I do have a sense of perspective - for all my business, I am very aware that my immediate bosses have it much worse. Which really reinforces the point that I shouldn't get myself into a middle management position like that, not in the near future at least. It's a real shitty job, at least in my current workplace.

And my last work review made me realised that I'm not cut out for the job of an ordinary teacher doing routine things in and out. I love the holidays, but the school can never appreciate the novel ideas I have, or accept the speed that I like to implement new and exciting changes. They only reward those who can be the perfect slave doing everything thrown their way without complains. People like me are seen as being 'flighty' and 'unstable', and can only be trusted to a certain extent.

Well, through the ages, genius has always been feared by the mindless. Ha.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some day, you might realise, that you need to move up before you can change things.

Wolfie said...

How can one not be aware of that? Small fries have no say in things. But I'm not going to hang around and climb up the ladder just to have enough authority to start saying the things I want. I mean if I'm in an organisation that does not value contributions then I'm not gonna force it on them, no point la.

I'm just gonna make my exit to greener pastures, or at least a change for fresh air...

Wolfie said...

BTW...think a HOD position will take 5-10 years, and anything higher than that add another 10 years? I dunno. But well, wanting to introduce change is not a good enough reason for me to stay around that long on this path. I see how much work my HOD does, definitely not worth the psychiatric damage...

Anonymous said...

haha... den move on, or move along, dude. :)