Saturday, October 04, 2008

The big trip ahead...

Exams have started last Friday, which signals the start of the 'lull period', leaving me with more time to think about things other than work.

I just started planning for my touring trip in Langkawi, and it's both daunting and exciting to think about it, all the logistics and preparations involved! From small things like scrapping suncream into plastic containers (cos its current metal can will rust) and charging all extra batteries, I also am trying to figure out the best way to get there still - I missed the Silkair direct flight promotion last month! It feels like my first paddling trip all over again; maybe one can never stop fretting over the organisation of such trips.

Some other things I need to settle -
  • Handling the weight of all the things we are bringing - boats are 20+ kg each already, plus camping gear and water and food and personal items.
  • Food planning - planning for meals that do not need to be cooked for lunches, and breakfasts that are not a hassle.
  • If I fly there, where do I get fuel for my camping stove over there?
  • Still haven't found a nautical map of the place (not sure if the Singapore sea charts includes it though).
  • And yes, I bought a GPS already, have it for almost a month now but I still don't know how to use it!
But, think of the beach! The water!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you dun meet the monsoon, man... But where you are going, should be okay.