Wednesday, October 15, 2008

What a waste...

  • That the US currency had gone up and stayed stable. Wanted to see if it'll drop and I can buy myself enough greenbacks for a honeymoon in the US next year.
  • I just threw away another inkless pen. I think I read statistics that says only 5-10% of plastics ever gets recycled, and I don't think that will be one of them. Our plastic rubbish either gets burned and contributes to greenhouse gases and landfills, or inevitably end up in the sea, littering beaches or broken down by sunlight until it becomes plastic pellets small enough for animals to ingest them, thus entering the food chain (Which we are part of, btw).
  • It always seems like a crime to me that we use more water to wash a cup compared to the amount that we actually drink.

By the way, have you heard of the Great Pacific Garbage Patch? Read about it in the Natural History Magazine and Discover Magazine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That last part about water... hmmm... how thoughtful. Can I borrow it? :)