Monday, November 10, 2008

Playing with my GPS


I got my Garmin 76cx GPS about 2 months back, but really just got to know how to use it these past few days. First, I didn't know how to upload maps that I downloaded from the internet into it, and it took a long while for me to learn that from Addi.

Now that that's done, I played around with the different functions these days. I select waypoints to go to on the map and followed the directions while driving, and tried to explore places and features in far off places in Malaysia like Putrajaya and Langkawi (with some success).

It's really cool how the map gives you information like food places, petrol stations, hospitals and other notable features near your current location, so you can really just have fun exploring a place with it. I'm looking forward to doing things like driving up KL with it some day!

No comments: