Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Pre-expedition photos

I'm still midway through packing with 3 hours to go before leaving the house, but there isn't much on the list to go. Very restless now, walking around to get individual items, coming back to the laptop to surf the net and chat, I still am not feeling real excitement about the trip but just a nervous tension thinking of the immediate arrangements.

Photograph from National Geographic website

Here's the Nat Geo report of a recent exploration of the Xe Bang Fai cave there which was probably the inspiration for the trip. Looks really cool isn't it? It takes a lot in terms of planning to get there, but I'm sure it will be the trip of my life (for this year at least). This is the reason why I bought my foldable boat. Though it's an insane investment to many, it is the stuff dreams are made of.

No comments: