Wednesday, April 01, 2009

I'm an idiot!

Sigh, it seems that every time I arrange for my school kids to go for their star courses spectacular problems will crop up. Last year, I went into extensive discussion with a vendor before realising in the end that they are too expensive and cannot meet my needs. It was also hard to arrange for things to happen because I had to update my boss at every twist of the plot.

The same happened this year too - next week's the course and things are still not fully planned out. I am lucky to get most of my coaching buddies along, but I realised that I myself can't teach my 2 star refresher course because my first aid cert expired!

MOE does have a first aid course that happens to fall on the 7th-9th April, but my boss is adamant in not letting me even ask for permission to go, as it is too late notice and will (in her opinion) get me in my P's black books. Luckily my kids all have 2 star already, so I can still take them and they do not need the extra 2 star cert.

And I just purchased my third Pentax Optio camera, this time a w60; I soemhow misplaced my last one during my last trip out to sea, and never found it since.

I got it over the popular Olympus waterproof versions because I can get 5x optical zoom at the same price. I bought it on eBay and the seller actually has free shipping, so I sent it to borderlinx which will consolidate all my US online shopping together in a parcel to forward over.

And when I traced the parcel delivery status today, I realised that the item was actually shipped from Hong Kong! Which means I have to waste time waiting for it to reach US before I can forward it over, and also waste money sending it here. Now I'm really doubtful I can use it before my kayak course next week ends, seeing that Friday is a public holiday.

OMG I'm damn stupid la...

2 comments:

Virgil said...

Aiyah, small matter - I can lend you my camera for your course... just remind me on Tueday, on my newer phone!

Wolfie said...

Will appreciate that, thanks! Sigh got to wait even longer for my camera now, have to wait for another parcel again...