Tuesday, January 05, 2010

A new start

Someone remarked about why I stopped blogging, and I don't really know why too. It's seems as if the impulse to blog interesting thoughts just stopped acting up on me nowadays. Perhaps I'm just content to let things happen without contemplating too much, perhaps I was too busy at work or on holiday, or maybe I just stopped thinking, full stop. Which is which? I really don't know.

So anyway, it's the dreaded start to school again. Actually, I don't really feel it's dreadful la. I regret the end of the holidays that's for sure, but then school isn't that bad at all for me this year. I've done a lot of preparatory work, beginning of school is quite slack, I'm the form teacher of the best class in the level, and as usual, my healthy optimism for the future kicks in (before it gets destroyed in mid-term).

It's nice to go back and see the kids I taught last year now supposedly more mature. They are really conscious of their new status in school, and truly behave accordingly without any prompting. And I was thinking that it's so nice to see some of the angelic kids, and that sustains my motivation to continue teaching. But in no way am I inclined to have kids of my own, still!

So, a brand new year with a new class, and I'm going to kickstart my plan of moulding them into the best class of the level in spirits and character. Let's see what happens!

No comments: