Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Running around

Today was absolutely crazy. I had this long list of to-do list to complete and tick off at the end of the day, and then I went around the entire island to finish it off. Yes that's right, from the north to the south, then to east then to west before going home again. Now, that's sounds more like a normal day for me, doesn't it?
  1. Went to Mustafa center to exchange currencies for my trip - blew $950 on $500USD, $1000 Thai baht and $3000 Indian rupees. Hahah...I'm rich! Had chicken briyani and a cup of tea at the nearby restaurant there, never expected it to cost $8, but it was good la. Bought loads of other necessary knick-knacks too.
  2. Took the train to Harbourfront to collect a free 512MB SD card that comes along with the Canon G3 camera that Karen bought. Trip there and business settled in half an hour, walked back to train station to go Bugis.
  3. Went to NLB to drop a library book there, saw Tiong Ann (formerly one of my climbing kaki) there helping to set up the bouldering wall for pumpfest this sat. Went to 'Mountain Designs' outdoor shop to look for a backpack cover, which I discovered was an exorbitant $50, and I decided I go make do without it.
  4. Went Si Ma Lu to the big temple there to pray for a safe journey. Haven't been to a temple for a long while already; I have to say that this gesture really made me feel the immediacy of our trip happening tomorrow...exciting!
  5. Speed walk back to the MRT, took the train to Simei. Met Bingying there for my trek pants I lent him for titiwangsa, then collected my repaired handphone at East Point. It drank a bit of water when it was locked in my aquapac AFTER my entire paddling expedition when I tried out the 2006 vamp at PC, how sueh can I get. Anyway, it's resurrected now, and I'm glad I can use it as a MP3 player on the trip. That's what my extra batteries are for actually ha.
  6. Went to Paya Lebar, took bus to PC. Yongjie of my class drove his lorry down there to help me shift my polo boat down to NTU, really glad for his help. At NTU, I left the boat there before their training started, met a few of them when I left though. Exchanged a few frosty words with the girls but am so glad to see the guys, reminding me of the reason why I can't make myself leave the team.
  7. Went to Karen's place and finally washed up my tent from my paddling trip at her lawn, hope the carpet grass don't die from drinking the soap water. Girls really take a long time to pack for trips, and consequently (and rightfully) are more kan cheong about leaving full days aside for that.
Me? I'm just chilling out here now charging all my batteries. The packing can wait till tomorrow ha.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Girls really take a long time to pack for trips, and consequently (and rightfully) are more kan cheong about leaving full days aside for that."

Hellooo....i just like to pack slowly cannot ah?? pui....

Anonymous said...

I believe this is the first time I ever hear of you going to a temple and praying for your trip. =)