Thursday, August 30, 2007

Term break

I have slogged hard and spent sleepless nights working this week, and finally it is coming - after tomorrow's Teachers' Day celebrations, school will be off for a week.

But oh, Monday and Tuesday I will be in school because my ODAC kids are doing a first aid course. I need to set exam papers too. Plan the lessons for next term. Write rubbish for the CHERISH report. Key in height/weight data for the level. Update my record book. Do a store inventory check. Plan for the end of year ODAC activity.

And I am sure I left out some things from this to-do list.

Happy holidays, all teachers!



Today my VP and my English HOD came in to observe my favourite English class. I think the lesson went well, I managed to entertaine all of them pretty well, and I was busy running around answering questions from the students.

I took the same lesson to another class, and only 2-3 person actually looked at me as I talked. And I just went on rambling while mentally making myself oblivious to the actions of 30 recalcitrant students, stopped after I am done, hand the worksheet to them, and get them to do. A handful will attempt it by themselves, another handful needed lots of help to understand the task, and more than half just sleep or talk.

I sinned a lot these days - I coerced these people to do their work, and only succeeded in making them write one or two sentence of nonsense. So many pristine sheets of paper were defaced because I harassed them to write something, and this wasn't the first time that happened. Imagine how much harm I did to the environment!

No comments: