Saturday, September 01, 2007

22nd ODAC AGM

Well well...it has been 4 years since I last participated in the AGM as an exco member, and since then I still went back religiously every year to support the event, both to meet up with the old people and also to show the new committee people that NUS ODAC have a history, and have seniors who are still concerned with the success of the club throughout the years.

Attendance for AGM has always been poor; more so with this year. It is important then, that people like myself attend to ask the candidates for the committee good questions, to let them understand the importance of the responsibilities that they will shoulder in the club. I hope that eventually, I will have a chance to go outdoors with them, inspire and show them that the club's unofficial alumni is always willing to go the extra mile to help them in their education to develop themselves into good leaders.

And of course we all enjoy the oldies' supper after that, to reminiscence about the old times, catch up, and dream of opportunities to meet up again in the future. Though it is shameful that I hardly have time to join the regular acitivites some of the oldies suggested, I hope that's not the always the case.

Though I feel old being at the AGM, it makes me feel young again.

No comments: