Monday, September 03, 2007

Teachers' Day

My first teachers' Day spent as a teacher - I didn't really feel happy. I am quite sheepish and embarrassed when my students wished me well about it, and I could only give them encouraging smiles of thanks that didn't really came out because my heart was overflowing with joy (or similar sorts of emotions).

I think it is all a little contrived for me, all the celebrations and stuff. The current situation as a teacher isn't exactly killing me, but in a short span of time it has definitely did much to lower my self-esteem, made me feel pathetic at times, and troubled me with the lesson planning and the miserable thought of seeing a certain class. I ain't even half cheerful in school everyday, and it makes me feel that I somehow let down my PE classes too. In short - I am still far away from the ideal teacher that I wanted to be. I probably haven't been an inspiration to anyone yet, haven't helped anyone much on anything, and have only been toiling like a slave for the school doing work that many don't want to bother themselves with.

I got a cup from my best English girl in the class, a bag of cookies from an Odac senior girl, a card from a sec 1 Odac girl, and yah, that's it. I wasn't bothered that I didn't more stuff, and actually I sort of didn't know what to do with the gifts (except for the cookies of course, which were quite good). I was very surprised a lot of you guys out there reading this sms-ed me your well wishes for the day though; really didn't know what made you guys remember this day, and me, when most of you ain't teachers. But nonetheless, I appreciate it, even though my reply to you might have been a bit sourish.

2 comments:

tf said...

But still, don't beat yourself up for it. It can only get better with more experience and "cutting corners" for admin stuff (BANEEEEEEEE).

Holidays arent much of holidays but make the best out of them! And take time to memorize K's bd hahaha

Wolfie said...

......