Friday, October 19, 2007

The sea is calling to me...

A series of incidents had opened my heart to the call of the sea these 2 days. Out of no reason, an old paddling kaki asked if I would consider selling my prized Werner paddle, and that got me thinking of possibly replacing it with a new one of a shorter (and preferred) length. Then Roland asked me if I wanted to go for 4 star refresher course next year; unfortunately, teachers have no leave to take, and I don't want to go for a course where I can't respect the instructors.

But anyway, that got me looking out for paddles and boats online when I was supposed to be doing work in school. I wonder if I can get a good deal on my kayak now with the local dealer, seeing that the USD is dropping to record lows. Can I? Can I?

And I am reminded of my new tent that I have yet used out in the wilderness. And my MSR hydration pack spigot tap and shower hose, and my backpack raincover, and lots more. I should go somewhere! Anywhere...

4 comments:

Alex Wong said...

Yup yup! Can take advantage of the super low USD now!

Anonymous said...

Tioman! But you said Dec bad for kayaking woh.

Anonymous said...

Who are you asking for permission?! Haha!!

USD should get even lower by end 2008 according to analysts. Expect a short US recession say around May 2008? I think that would be the time to go in for the kill... But then SGD also expected to appreciate wor, so you might want to wait till end 2008???

The opinions expressed here are soley my own and I take no responsibility for whoever wants to believe it. :p

Wolfie said...

Virgil - If you go Tioman in December (if some ferries are still operating by then), it will only be for land sports, scenery, and surfing.

Roland - You know who I need to ask about such things...my money need to saved for the big things of life already sigh.

Hehe...but I really am wishing to get a 205cm Werner Ikelos! And lots more other stuff off the internet hehe...