Friday, October 05, 2007

Toys!

I was walking around with Karen looking at toys yesterday because she's getting something for her nephew, and I was so tempted to get a few myself! All those adult issues have screwed my brain so much that a sudden visit to the toy shop made me want to rediscover the joy of putting things together and creating nice toys just for the fun of it.

First it was a clear version of a 'Freedom' Gundam model that I saw on display in Isetan - a beauty! I used to do models with my old pal William at his home during my secondary school days, and 2 of my models are still with him I think. We used to talk about finding time to resurrect them together, and maybe it's time to do so by getting new ones to play with!

Then...Legoland! I recently bought a few mini magnetic figures for my metal cabinet in the office, and it was a joy to see them everyday. I bought a set with an imperial storm trooper, a Y-wing fighter and a AT-ST driver to add to my collection of 9 knights.

And there's so much items there that drives me wild. I want a ferrari! They have several models but this is the sleekest one.

A ferris wheel which Karen prefers - it is driven by a motor that actually makes it go round! Did I mention too that it can be transformed into a crane or a bridge that can be lifted, all with the same parts?

And there's this gorgeous chess set with really nice figures, sold in a set with a chess board. Now, both of us agree that it is a beauty, but we don't play chess! Nonetheless, we are now seriously toying with the thought of getting it to decorate our future place as a display.

With all these beautiful toys, I had to go online and check out the Lego website to see what other amazing stuff they have, and I did discover some really cool models. How about the classic X-Wing fighter? I saw it when it was sold a few years back, and had regretted not buying it before it disappeared, though it was a big sum of money for me to part with for a toy then.

The Imperial Star Destroyer! I saw that in the shops too previously, and it was like, twice the price of the X-Wing. I saw the real model at a friend's place a long time ago, and it was amazing. Can I buy it now?

Finally, the Millennium Falcon! The largest lego set ever produced for the market! With 5195 pieces in the set, and spanning almost 90cm when completed, this is out of the world man. Comes with a certificate too!

$500USD each, anyone?

No comments: