Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Off to camp...

Visited Stephen's wake just now, and at one or two moments I felt sudden pangs of sharp sorrow that I held back. I don't think one needs to be close friends with him to mourn his passing. So many people had visited his family these two days, and our NIE lecturers were there too; that showed how much his presence meant to us. I realised that there is much less false sentiments at a funeral, unlike weddings when courtesy sometimes made unwilling people turn up. We got to talk to his younger brother, a very eloquent and personable man who is intending to follow his footsteps and join PESS this coming semester. He and his brother will surely help his parents cope with the loss.

I'm off to a 3 day round island trip with my Odac kids tomorrow - it's has drained quite a lot of time from me during this semester, and I am kind of glad it is finally happening, hopefully according to plans. Will update this page with pictures from my grand adventures when I'm back.

No comments: