Sunday, April 06, 2008

Ok I did it.

I realised a dream - I just bought my own foldable kayak.

It's the Feathercraft K1 expedition model kayak, and it will cost me around $6.5k including shipping from US. I responded to an ad selling it online at a foldable kayak forum, and this guy is selling it brand new after he bought it from a guy who won a Feathercraft-sponsored competition in a copy of Sea Kayaker's magazine. And it happens to be my favourite colour, red!

Ok ok I know this is a big sum of money and half of you readers out there will be thinking I'm crazy for spending this much on a boat that requires manual propulsion. But I know I want to carry on going for long expeditions out at sea and see the world out on the water, and I will have to get this someday. I actually save more than $1k from this deal and that's too much for me to let go. Opportunities comes around once or twice, and when good ones comes we should grab!

So, now on to some water adventures in the coming future! Will probably post some photos when I have it here. And perhaps go paddle round the Marina reservoir with it, something I have not done for a long while already.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous! I shall join you in being a very proud foldable owner very soon I hope! :D

Meanwhile, I'd be more than happy to 'help' you use it. LOL!

Alex Wong said...

Congrats on your new purchase! Wish I had the cash to buy stuff... hahahaa. But nar... if I had cash... it would be used for trading.