Monday, May 12, 2008

Thinking ahead

It's a busy period already, thought I was initially led to believe that the lull period has already arrived. After I'm done with all the scripts marking, it's time to key in results and remarks, prepare to meet the parents, execute post-exam programs etc. And yes, my CCA will demand a fair bit of my holiday time too - I'm particularly sore that I have to go for a trek this coming long weekend and have to sacrifice all my planned activities for it. Quite bad huh, CCA teacher not being enthusiastic in going out with his dream team.

Another blogger once divided the year into academic seasons, when teachers are hell-busy and when they are winding down and then having the holidays. The seasons go, and the years might fly too. Hopefully.

And recently I thought about my career path and think that if by next year there's no school interested to take on a PE teacher with the skills that I have, I'll probably just stay till my third year before trying a post at the HQ. At least here I have a CCA I'm interested in. And truth to tell, things are somehow more comfortable now, and I really think my colleagues are great fellows.

And without a doubt, 2008 will be the most expensive year for me ever. I'm gonna be spending a hell lot of money this year, hundreds of thousands...scary...

No comments: