Monday, September 15, 2008

Paddling diary

Playboating
Well it's good that the Waterfest event gave us playboaters a venue to play together for a month or so. I still have some way to go before I can floop in my boat, and I want to be steady in things like changing into bow and stern stall. Can't pack in much practice though, because my muscles will give up with 2 hours of training.

Polo-ing
It's amazing how things fall in place when you think of the next possible step. My former teammate has a plan to develop a private polo playing ground, and to set up the old PC team again. If things go through, that's where I'll be in future. The important thing is to be in a team with like-minded people, who has the same training philosopy, ideals and dreams. I make sure that I'll train up to be good enough to be in the team, now that I have been down for so long.

Sea Touring
Am slowly slowly planning my trip to paddle round Langkawi. There's lots of information gaps, like which part of the island offers accomodation, and which nearby islands should be visited. Currently, Google Earth is my main help, and looks like I'll have to trust my GPS on the trip. Anyone with information to share about Langkawi do let me know!

No comments: