Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Perhaps, this is it...

It was a terrible polo competition for me this year.

My team joined the competition with very few sessions (two or three?) of playing together, and we told each other we'll just go and have fun without bearing any expectations or goals. But as it turns out, I'm never one to take competition lightly. We lost two out of three games in the group stage, and only win the weakest team on the island by a solitary goal. For the first time in a few years, somehow I caught myself committing mistakes due to a lack of awareness that leads to 2 goals being scored. It was just terrible.

It's time to decide my polo future. My teammate is going overseas for a year and I think that's the end of my team. If I want to go on playing, I want to train hard and regularly with another team. Will I join my junior team? Or should I try to join another club?

Do I really want to take polo that seriously?

No comments: