Saturday, December 27, 2008

Day at the Bridal Studio

We had our wedding photoshoot yesterday, and it was really quite a funny experience in retrospect.

It was all about making up, changing costumes, and striking poses really. Karen took about 2 hours for her makeup to be done once we got there, while I went to the nearby hawker center for an excellent bowl of loh mee. In contrast, the beautician only spent 10mins with me styling my hair with wax and brushing my face with powder.

We had 3 costume changes at the studio, with a round of photos each. I had thought that it will be hard to fake the smile during the shoot, but it turns our to be surprisingly easy because of the genuine bemusement I felt when given the directions by the photographer. He peppered his directions with funny comments too, like asking me not to sit like a boor and to drop that jian smile with the upward glance of the eyes at the camera. Sometimes the look will turn out to be a stare and he'll go "Wah, so fierce ah!", or he'll go "Eh, the smile very fake leh!" when we tried to squeeze it out.

It's rather strange that we are so reluctant to dole out the smiles, since it's not often that one gets to be the stars in front of the camera, but maybe the pose-ness of the process makes it hard to be natural. It was a day spent practicing the furtive glance (usually at some spot on the floor) and the far-away dreamy look. There was once when he asked Karen to look up and for me to look down, and I had this sudden fantasy that she's looking at the pigeon in the sky and I'm staring at its shit on the floor. Bizarre huh.

At close to 5pm, we went out to Botanic Gardens to shoot, and we went by at least 5 other couples doing their shoots there too. But it's really a nice place, and I had no complaints about that. Next, we drove down to Tanjong beach in Sentosa and took shots with the sunset at the background. Wonder how it will all turn out - you'll know in May next year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats in advance bro!!

Wolfie said...

Haha bro didn't know you lurk around here too! Anyway, Louis is now doing the place for me too, really looking forward to him starting the work! Thanks for the contacts man, next meal on me!