Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Thoughts for the new year

Waiting around for the bridal shoot, I was thinking about the coming year ahead. 2009 promises a great number of firsts for me, and I'm sure my work will take a backseat, with my personal life's businesses coming to the fore. Now shouldn't that be true for most of us who wants a healthy life?

It's really rather sad that I need such tumultous changes to my life to push work concerns away for me to reach this conclusion, but I guess I've been blinded to the bigger picture of things busying myself with the trivialities at work.

For me at least, work should be fulfilling, and life meaningful. But I guess I'm still too green at the job to feel that it's a fulfilling one; a new teacher's lot is to always keep trying, and to continually cope with unexpected loads, rejection, and failures. So if I don't even make time to make sure my life is meaningful, then that'll be really sad.

So, some resolutions perhaps?
  • Put personal basic needs first! Sleep more, work only on the essential things. Prioritise things on hand. All things should be given its appropriate time and attention, nothing more or less.
  • Build my dream home. It'll be strange, peculiar, idiosyncratic, but wholly my own. I want it to be cosy for myself and others.
  • Go through the whole wedding process smoothly. That'll be a real achievement I think.
  • Go for a great honeymoon to somewhere far and beautiful. We're probably gonna visit Europe on a package tour, and not think at all about the itinerary. Maybe.
And in many other different ways, find the things that will fulfill my need for the aesthetics, movement, and exuberant joy.

No comments: