Tuesday, March 27, 2007

First supervisor practicum assessment

...and I got a C+ for it. Well it's not that bad really, that shows I'm slightly above average; Singaporeans are mostly spoilt for B's and C's I think. But then again, I didn't assess myself the same way though, but my supervisor is entitled to his opinion of course.

The short of the episode is: I didn't had adequate time and wasn't in the right mood for the lesson because I was arrowed to do relief for the 2 periods before my observation when I was supposed to prepare for it. Then the class has some irritating kids who likes to do whatever they want (which is mostly dissimilar to what a teacher wants of them). So time was wasted in transitions and management, but I don't see why that makes my grade a C+. I don't recall him talking about the content at all actually.

Was quite fed up everytime I have to gather the kids for instructions, and when they didn't want to play the games and rather moan and groan about the sun, I just gave up and got them to sit down to look at the only court that was playing actively. Gathered them for closure debrief, they couldn't settle down at all, so I just gave up and stare at them blankly. No point telling them anything when they don't keep quiet, so just wait for them to pass loh, all of us in the hot morning sun.

Oh well whatever. Pass can already. Today is my off day, try again next week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... don't get demotivated just because kids dun listen to you. It just means you need to find other ways to engage them loh.

Or unless you have a generation gap or you have already given up liao...?