Friday, March 23, 2007

What's new?

  • I got into a bicycle accident 3 days ago - Was cycling along Yio Chu Kang road back home speeding down the slope. A car turned into Seletar Garden without signalling and I had to jam my brakes to avoid a collision. Flew out to the front, skidded along the road. Grazed my knees and my left forearm, and my bike saddle and handlebar got scratched. My gloves' palm padding was totally torn off. Don't worry I'm fine still, will be back in no time, just have to stop blading and canoe polo meanwhile.
  • Work still busy. Lots of documents to churn out everyday. Saturday is my official homework day.
  • Unlike in the past, holidays are totally out of my head now. Not interested to think about where I can go next, even though I enjoy reading the Lonely Planet's 'Bluelist'. Don't know when my holiday is, and don't know whether I should part with the money.
  • I have been getting my class to do homework and submit by the end of the lesson, or if not, after their school day end. That means I actually have to be there get it from them after their class. Hope I have the energy to keep things running like this throughout.
  • It seems to me less and less about teaching and more and more about management and values education. Literature is a 'worthless' subject in lower sec levels, there's nothing wrong with failing it, and trying to get students who can't be bothered about it to love it is wasted effort.

No comments: