Saturday, February 03, 2007

Free recitals!

Once upon a time, when I was still an undergrad or even earlier, I had frequently attended the SSO concerts but regretted the dearth of chamber music performances in Singapore. I made sure I caught all significant quartet performances and solo instrument recitals. I could still recall Emerson Quartet's performance here a long time ago, Chan Yoong Han's courageous feats in his series of solo recitals, and the recent Bach cello suites by Jian Wang.

But do you know you can attend recitals now regularly for free? At the Yong Siew Toh Conservatory of Music, you can hear good student performances at their new performance venue in NUS, click here for the listings! I was quite impressed by some of the performances during their last recital 'Cellissimo' at the Esplanade, and you should hear them too.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am told that the Conservatory Orchestra will be performing Elgar's cello concerto and the soloist is a YST student who had won an international competition. Wanna go watch?

Wolfie said...

It will be on a friday...and I have polo training sadly!

Anonymous said...

...

Anonymous said...

Hi, the cellist didn't win an international competition, but the concerto competition held by YST conservatory of Music. He's good nonetheless...and oozing with musicality. :)

fellow YST student and bassoonist.
:)