Monday, February 12, 2007

A genie wish

Have you ever thought about what you will like to have if you have one (let's not get greedy here) wish from a genie?

The movies tells us to be careful of what we wish for, for more often than not, greed for material things doesn't solve everything. So I'll wish to be the violinist in the world, a Paganini or Ernst incarnate, if you would like.

I often dream that if this wish is ever fulfilled, I would spend a day each week or month busking on the busy streets, playing solo Bach to the masses and donating earnings to charity. I think the solo violin's sound is so starkly powerful, that no one need know solo Bach to appreciate the lyricism and the force of its sounds. The world can do with some incidental moment of pleasure and delight, and I myself am one of those who love to be delighted by the small trivial things (usually the acts of children) that sometimes just happen to be seen on the streets.

Alas! If only I can still play my G major scale in tune!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Practice makes perfect. ;)