Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Today

Morning:
2 classes of PE. with my NIE supervisor coming down to observe my second lesson. The lesson plan worked well with the first class, except for the fact that 2 notorious kids in the class refused to join the lesson (because they were caned 3 times each yesterday and their butt pain).

I use the same plan for the observation class, and it was ok. I got a B+ grade and comments like being aware of the movement of the students when they break off for activities (some wandered off far away when i was involved elsewhere) and to note the language I use in class (it is supposedly too nuanced and advanced for the kids to handle).

Noon:
Went into lit class and my recalcitrant kid insisted on doing Sudoku instead of my work. I snatched it away, he threw a temper, we shouted a few lines to each other ("don't do don't do lah!"), and I ignored him for the rest of the period. Next, his accomplice slept during the whole time and didn't react to my instructions, and got shouted by me too. The class was quiet for once.

A girl in the class timidly asked: "Is it tough to be a teacher?" That melted my heart - that at least one out of all see my efforts.

But it's back to business later - 6 students are supposed to see me after school to do some explaining.

No comments: