Saturday, May 19, 2007

Back to the old days...

I'm going for a meeting to help lead a kayak expedition for my Odac juniors this afternoon, it was supposed to be led by Bings but I had to take over because he cannot commit anymore. Roland will be coming along and we will go to the bouldering gym later too.

Yesterday too, I went for canoe polo training for the first time this term, and will go again on Sunday evening, cycling there and back too. And I haven't done that for like half a year or something.

I've changed a hell lot from a year or two back, and I'll hardly be repeating this coincidence of doing all these activities I used to enjoy week in and out altogether again. I now climb once in a while just for variety and am not interested to paddle in local waters anymore. I think the upcoming canoe polo national champs will be my last, after which I will sell my entire boat kit away. I wouldn't achieve anything by staying in the sport, and it will eventually be too hard just to go for trainings.

My life priorities have shifted tremendously toward far-sighted goals. Somehow that makes day-to-day life much less exciting or even dreary, like I feel I'm too tired to play nowadays. Even the thought of going on holidays doesn't really excite me now - I'm sure going somewhere will be fine, but I know that I'll be perfectly happy just lazing around and make the day go by leisurely. Is that 'bad', or what.

No comments: