Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Settling in

My posting is confirmed, and I'm staying in this school after practicum is over this Friday. There's a note over a table with my name on it, to be claimed by me when I return next term. My HOD is going to try send me to MOE rope course training in early June, and maybe even climb Mt. Kinabalu with the kids in late May. And I'm going to rack my brains thinking of the SOW for the rest of the year (so that equipments can be bought in time).

We went over to another school just now to pick up some old fibreglass kayaks that were kindly donated to us. A PE teacher over there is apparently very chummy with my HOD, and he used to teach in my JC too. He's about 40 years old or over, and still talks about being observed and assessed, about wanting to just teach PE full-time only, things I thought only beginning teachers will complain about. He also just submitted a resume to an autonomous school to try for a transfer. Whether successful or not, such moves will bring about unsettling consequences. I thought, wow, what will make me want to move around somewhere else if I'm at that stage? I never even thought that far before actually; right now I only hope that I will slowly pick up enough game skills to teach different sports confidently.

Well, back to my present circumstances then. Think about upcoming SOW, plans for my ODAC, lesson plans et cetera...

No comments: