Thursday, January 03, 2008

First week in school

Some pictures of my newly decorated workdesk this year! Go count the number of toys all around me...


Ok the first few days of school isn't that bad la. First day with my sec 1 form class saw me collecting lots of paper and settling administrative stuff, and that got my table all messed up. Things are clearing up much better today, and no lessons is taking place still. The weekends should be devoted to getting down to proper planning, but at least I can do that in peace and calm.


There's quite a number of new teachers around me at my staffroom now (we have two rooms, mine is the smaller and cosier one), and any office area is now bursting with office cubicle partitions. The noise level is still remarkably low however, and I am quite grateful for that.


Oh, by the way, if there's something on your wishlist this year and you can afford it, go ahead and grab it. Seems like every single bloody thing on this island with a price tag is experiencing price inflation; Houses, wedding banquets and even my Old Chang Kee sticks increased prices by 20 cents each - a whopping 20% increase!! So get anything you want before you regret ah!

No comments: