Saturday, January 05, 2008

Victory!

My polo juniors just won the 3-on-3 canoe polo competition! I am elated at the news and am gonna treat them pizza tonight with my co-coach Zhiwen. During the competition, the junior captain messaged me to say they are going to win it all for me and Zhiwen, and I am deliriously happy that they could keep the promise.

Their win validated our coaching approach, and justified the time that I committed to coaching them. I didn't do it in the hope that they could win competitions in the these few years though, so it was a really pleasant surprise. Their win felt like mine, just as when the BMT section that I taught in my army days won a BMTC games day event a good time training together for it. I had considered that moment a high point in my life, and the news of the win today equaled that moment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! :D