Tuesday, January 01, 2008

A new year....

...and I'm not very happy about it, because that means a whole load of new workload is coming my way. I don't know, but I can't imagine that being in any other careers will give me this much stress.

But to be honest, my timetable is actually better this year, less things to prepare I think. The more important thing is still to learn how to control my irrational anxiety about work. That's why teachers go crazy - we are all constantly inundated with so many little things to do daily that we habitually believes that there is always something left to be done that has not been attended to yet.

To combat potential stress, I have allocated a portion of my work area to putting up cutesy toys and photos to remind myself that I have a life outside of work and to keep myself happy. Hopefully it will improve productivity too, as it is probably wastes less time to play with my toys than to indulge in chain url-clicking activities. A big reason why this blog wasn't updated recently is because I was busy building up my biggest and meanest Gundam robot model thus far. Look out for more pictures soon!

Looking forward to CNY in a month's time...mahjong and more!

No comments: