Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The most irritating thing in office...

...is to have work that you cannot do. Kanna arrow already nevermind. Give you the job with no info then jialat.

I was thrown the task of obtaining certificates and plaques for the annual Prize Presentation ceremony with scant info. No info about where to order anything, no info about design guidelines, no templates from last committee, no confirmation of prize recipients. And the event is on 6th Feb and I supposed to confirm my orders of those things tomorrow.

So how many times should I go check back with my mini-task group manager, who is equally lost because the head of the entire ceremony committee haven't got much firmed up? You can't just sit around and hope that the latest confirmation of information will filter down to you automatically. In the end, I probably will end up getting the necessary info late, kill myself organising the data to pass on to the company for plaque-making, and end up getting a reply from them telling me they can't do it cos it's too short notice.

I feel like saying something vulgar to this...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe, sometimes you can order the plaques first, den do the engraving later?

For certs, get the design template out, then when the names are available, feed the paper into the laser printer and print.

Cheryl said...

hey,

are you really YH?

if u r, think i last saw u in nov at some counsellin course?

its C here, we used to be from the same school (amk)

Anonymous said...

Aiya, instead of saying something vulgar you can send me a greeting together with a decent and must be expensive gift on 6th Feb lah... :D

Wolfie said...

Know what, I just received an email from the head of the committee, asking all teachers to send in their nominations for deserving class chairpersons and councillors! The upper admin sure are taking their own sweet time.

Anyway, I sent them an email yesterday, telling them the company says they need the list latest next Friday to churn out the plaques in time. About the certificates... still waiting for someone to reply me.

Ghostrider: Yes I go by YH as well, and I did attend the basic counselling course in Nov. You are...? Drop me a mail to say hi!

Cheryl said...

cant seem to find your email addy...

Wolfie said...

You can find me at happywolfie(@)hotmail.com