Friday, March 14, 2008

End of term break!

It's almost the end of the term break; term breaks have never mattered so much to me before. It used to be just play and play. Now, it's still pretty much play and free time, but then there's always the spectre of impending work haunting me, reminding me to repay the debt of due work soon, spoiling my mood ever so often.


I spent some days climbing, one day playing canoe polo, watched a movie, and the 3 days at a school camp. The camp was rather a waste of time for us teachers, who went around looking as if we are supervising the activities, but actually we simply can't be bothered. We all brought our laptops there to do work, and all we could think of is to disappear and go off to set exam papers the moment we finish our meals.


Depressing news 1 - I heard from my boss that my principal is going to stay with the school for the next few years, so there's no way I'll stay longer than him. I'll have to plan to make my escape either at the end of my second or third year. I cross my fingers and hope that there's a good school out there for me to go to.


Depressing news 2 - My English HOD who came visiting at the camp was saying that he chanced upon a bungalow for sale, and that he had wanted to buy it within a $2 million budget. Hm...when will I get to that sort of financial position...


Depressing news 3 - Every piece of news my department receives from the top is a bad one. In the holidays, the P said that students look sloppy coming to school in their PE attires, so he don't want any students to be seen coming to school in PE attire even if they have PE in the first period. They want us to change our PE module system so that it's easy for them to change timetable, they want us to finish our NAPFA test but don't give us time, and now this. There's so many bloody things that impeded our work already, what's one more man. We'll just do our daily work and all go at the end of our contract that's all.


So. The term break is coming to an anti-climatic, low-energy end. Thank goodness next week is shorter by a day. After that, my time table will be changed and loaded with more periods, and I'll probably be teaching more nonsense from then on. Teachers are gonna die, students are gonna die together with them.

3 comments:

Runnaholic-foodie said...

Hey YH ! Like you, i just ended my 3 day outdoor camp earlier this week and went for x-physique AR today.. Indeed this week didnt really seem too much of a break.. haiz.. about ur P, wah.. cant wear PE attire to sch sounds kinda dumb and term 2 means having to clear NAPFA.. wah shiong ah..No worries friend.. Just do what we can la. know u're gonna take up the 3 subj thing this term? mayb u speak to ur HOD? coz its like over-taxing u la.. anyway u take care.. Endure and Excel! PTIs!!

Wolfie said...

Yah camps during holidays is really sucking our time huh. My HOD also boh bian about such things. My whole department want to move out from here if we have a choice ok. Like you said, Endure and Excel...try to grow flowers out of shitpiles of work...

Anonymous said...

Plan to get out of this school at the end of your second year, no later please.