Thursday, March 27, 2008

Part II...

...and I got off work around 3-4pm for 3 days already since there's no meeting etc. I just wanted to feel what it's like to drop everything take a nap in the noon, and also because it storms every noon and I have to make my escape from school before that happens.

Today I was stuck in the rain with about a quarter of the way back home. I hid under a block and the storm just blew and blew. I was hungry and see no point in standing around the void deck staring at the coffeeshop across the road, so I braved the rain and got a drenching running across for a meal and kopi.

It was already close to four when I got back. I read the news, showered, read something and decided to nap even though it was past five; I have polo training at 7.45pm, and probably need dinner. I ended up over sleeping, waking up at 8plus, got to NTU just before 9pm to find out that training was cancelled.

Ultimately what's the point of my rambling?
  • So what if I have no pressing work now? I'll still end up planning for next week's lessons after office hours and in the weekends eventually.
  • I'm sick of teaching my stuff, I'm dry of ideas, and the kids and I wear out each other.
  • Something about the system must be wrong to have created such situations, though I can't point my finger to it. I know schools can tailor jobs for everyone, but that's just unfortunate.
And I pity those academic teachers who have to mark stuff nonstop. I think no matter how busy the work is, one has to pursue things that at least makes you feel like a human being and not a slave.

Oh btw I just got notice of my upcoming promotion in October, but I can't feel the joy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you still remember this? Something you said 2 years ago.

http://illegiblestone.blogspot.com/2006/02/challenges.html