Sunday, July 20, 2008

A great Saturday

I had a great day yesterday enjoying myself with different activities. And guess what, towards the end of it I unwittingly dampened my mood by thinking of my next work week and making myself anxious for no good reason. Nonetheless, it was a good day of boating, shopping and eating!

My polo juniors have to conduct an orientation session for a camp, and I took the chance to go playboating at the dive pool. We took some nice clear shots of us playing from underwater, and it looks really interesting. Here a clip of my roll after a failed floop attempt.



And here is an underwater view of a party trick in action.



After a back-breaking session, we had lunch and took the train across the island to go for the Library book sale. It was really cool, $1 for each book! Found quite a few paddling books too, but it all adds up to only 10 books in the end for me.

Finally, it was dinner at Din Tai Fung before watching The Dark Knight. Can someone enlighten me on these points?
  1. Why can't Batman just let the Joker fall to his death? That will be the end of further mischief from him. After all, it's a war out there, and many good men have been sacrificed already as it is.
  2. Why does that stupid police officer have to post himself in the interrogation room with the Joker after Batman left?
  3. Why does Batman have to shoulder the blame for the people that Harvey Bent killed? No one knew who did it anyway, and the police can easily attributed it to any of the bad guys.
It was good overall, but I think there's too many minor climaxes scattered in the story, such that there is no culminating scene to end it all. It was a little anti-climatic to have the story end with Harvey being bumped off the building.

No comments: