Friday, July 11, 2008

The joy of coaching

I taught a 13 year old to do hand rolls! As mentioned previously, it's a joy for me to teach paddling to my kids the way I want it, and after getting them to do lots of hipflick exercises, I got them going into trying paddle rolls. 2 of them managed to perform the brace roll on the 3rd day, and after demonstrating the hand roll to them in the last half hour of the course, I thought, heck it's probably easy enough too. The 13 year old tried twice and got it afterwards, with a back-lying recovery. His senior could only get used to the forward recovery style I have been teaching all the way, and couldn't make himself lie back, but he's almost on the way to performing the much harder forward-recovery handroll too!



It reminds me of the joy of coaching paddling again - I will want to do more such courses again!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need to know hand roll also lah, tmd... lack of practise...

Anonymous said...

wah.. you're inspirational.