Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Hope

Is it in everyone to always hope for something better than their current realities?

Yesterday the week started after a long weekend with Youth Day giving us a day's break more. But I spent those 3 days coaching my kids in paddling. I was quite happy doing the course with my buddies, having meals with them and working together, and also for the fact that I was coaching an advanced class where I can have a free hand in the program and not make myself teach to a syllabus. I am proud that by the 3rd day, 2 of my students could do hand and paddle rolls, and everyone gained much water confidence and had fun throughout too.

But ultimately, it was draining for me. I reached home feeling lethargic and slept very early each day. I had to face this week with minimal work done throughout the weekend. It was with a sense of dread that Tuesday came round. Things went smoothly and jobs done on time upon demand, but still my mind could not rest and gain satisfaction. Always, the anxiety of living at such a fast pace and juggling so many things leaves me edgy.

Overall, it seems that there are not many days in my job when I did not try looking into the future to see if there is a better path to take in a few years' time. I need to know that I'm slaving for something better. Already, it has been long since I sought self-improvement for myself in terms of upgrading my skills or gaining new experiences.

I don't want to let my time drain away doing petty things daily. We all can do more to help ourselves and others! I want to believe...

No comments: